Is it legal to be gay?
- Illegal to be gay.
- Country is under Sharia law with punishment of death.
Is there anti-discrimination legislation in place?
Is there marriage equality?
What’s it like for LGBTI who live there?
- Extremely dangerous.
- The country has been locked in a brutal civil war since 2014 — it’s extremely dangerous for everyone.
What’s it like for LGBTI who visit?
- Proceed with extreme caution.
- This is a war zone.
- Country of extreme concern.
- Any LGBTI in this region are at high risk of personal harm and death.
- Little progress can be expected until the civil war has been resolved.
How you can help
- Lobby your political representatives to highlight the need to bring peace to Yemen and end the civil war.
Subscribe to G-TV
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox