- I didn’t go to the gym today. Lots of excuses.
- I’ve been lacking a bit of motivation in the health and fitness stakes lately… A bit stressed at work, a bit tired and run-down, not really seeing any results in the gym and hitting comfort food (and the booze) a bit too often.
- It’s an easy trap to fall into.
- At times like this it can be helpful to look forward a few years and project where your current trajectory could take you.
- I remember around the time of my 40th birthday, I was sitting on a beach on the Greek island of Mykonos contemplating the future. I did a quick survey of all of the 40ish year old guys I could see (all gay — it was that kind of beach). It was pretty much an even split, either they were overweight, unhealthy and looking pretty miserable, or they were well toned, nicely tanned and had great teeth.
- The lesson in this is that decisions you make now will play a key role in your health and fitness in the years to come. So put down that bacon sandwich and get back to the gym!
Subscribe to G-TV
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox