- Okay, there’s no denying it — we are fast approaching summer.
- Is this the time to bulk up? Carb-load and build size in the vain hope that when the warmer weather comes you’ll magically “shred” the excess to reveal a lean and strong physique for summer?
- Not really, that’s kind of old-school thinking.
- While it’s certainly sensible to cycle your routines and regularly shock the body into adapting to changes in diet or training, strict “primal” rules (“it’s winter therefore man is genetically designed to eat lard and hybernate”) is a bit of a fallacy.
- If you want to try something new, then try mixing up your diet with some seasonal goodness — venison is readily available as are many of the game birds. Why not try a pheasant for your sunday roast? The other day I ate a live shrimp… now that’s primal!
Subscribe to G-TV
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox