- If you’re spending a bit of time in the gym, and let’s be honest — who isn’t, then a supplement you might want to incorporate into your diet is ZMA.
- ZMA is a combination of Zinc and Magnesium which helps to promote recovery from exercise. Zinc plays a central role in the regulation of cellular growth and tissue repair, as well as the maintenance of a healthy immune system. Magnesium is essential for the maintenance of electrolyte balance, energy production and normal neuro-muscular function.
- So essentially if you’re using resistance training in order to increase strength and build muscle mass then ZMA is going to help you achieve your goals.
- “ZMA” is a branded product, but there’s a range of other generic products that will provide you with similar combinations.
- It depends a bit on the structure of the rest of your diet and supplements, but in general you should take 3xZMA at night, on an empty stomach, just before you go to bed. You should notice an improvement in your sleep patterns and possibly and increased sex drive.
- However if you’re taking a seratonin supplement at night (such as 5 HTP) then you could take your ZMA with your evening meal and still get the benefits.
Subscribe to G-TV
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox