A “fool-proof” recipe from my trainer:
- Buy a large cooked roast chicken, or roast your own.
- Shred the chicken off the bone into a large mixing bowl.
- Add a bag of spinach; a packet of feta cheese; a punnet of cherry tomatoes; a large splurge of olive oil (about 1/2 cup); season to taste; stir it up and stick it in the fridge.
- Dish it up when you need an emergency meal or pack in your tuck box for school.
- Top with balsamic vinegar and avocado to serve.
- If you need to add some extra fibre into your diet just sprinkle some milled flax seed over your bowl when you serve .